- Our Principles
- Personal Information CC Collects
- What CC does with the Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites; OpenID
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
As used in this policy, “personal information” means information that would allow a party to identify you such as, for example, your name, address or location, telephone number or email address.
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our website, or that we gather as a result of your use of our websites, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Usedmonkey.com to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information the Site Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Site, including without limitation:
- When you comment the name and email address you enter is stored
- When you visit the site your IP address is stored
What the Site does with Personal Information
Tracking and Analytics. Your IP address and any commenter information that you enter is stored for tracking and analytics purposes.
Disclosures of Personal Information
In general, it is not the Site’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. We may share personal information in two instances:
First, the Site may share personal information with our contractors and service providers in order to maintain, enhance, or add to the functionality of the website.
If the Site is required to provide a third party with your personal information (whether by subpoena or otherwise), then provided we have collected and retained an email address for you, the Site will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless prohibited by law or the Site is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Site
Usedmonkey.com has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that the Site stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Our Data Usage Policy covers how we maintain and use information about you that is collected by our website and server logs.
Non Personal Browsing Information We Collect. When you use the Site, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically (through, for example, the use of your “IP address”) about your activities while visiting the Site and information about the browser you are using.
No Linking. We do not intentionally link browsing information to the personal information you submit to us. We use this information for internal purposes only, such as to help understand how the Site is being used, to improve our Site and the features we provide, and for systems administration purposes. The Site uses a third party analytics provider to help us collect and analyze non personal browsing information through operation of our website for those same purposes.
No Retention. The Site discards non personal browsing information from our server logs once we have used the information for the limited purposes noted above, under “No Linking.”
Notice. If the Site is required to provide a third party with your non personal browsing information, then the Site will use reasonable means to notify you promptly of that event, unless the Site is prohibited by law from doing so or is otherwise advised not to notify you on the advice of legal counsel.
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
The Websites are not directed at children under the age of 13. Consistent with the federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. The Site specifically prohibits anyone using our website from submitting any personally identifiable information about persons under 13 years of age. Any person who provides their personal information to the Site through the website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.